Saturday, August 3, 2013

I <3 Freezing!!!

This week's menu:
M-cilantro chicken (that didn't get eaten on the day before)
T-burritos
W-veggie pasta
Th-Greek chicken pita pockets
F-fish cakes
S-hot dogs
S-steak, spinach, cauliflower latkes

Above is the REVISED menu- I didn't post a pic of the original because I don't know how to spell cauliflower and that's embarrassing :) 

The meat and beans for the burritos were supposed to make 2 dinners on M & T, but since we had the cilantro chicken, hubster just took the leftovers for lunch. 

So this week I really got in the swing of using my frozen meals. On Wednesday the veggies in the pasta were frozen from the farmers market!
 

They definitely did not LOOK as pretty as fresh, but tasted great! The frozen veggies were squash, zucchini, and mushrooms. I also added a full bag of spinach, a jar of roasted peppers, and a jar of artichokes. Plus garlic (from the store) and basil and parsley from my garden. Yummy! I just sautéed the veggies while I boiled noodles...
  And it made a fab dinner! Complete with a full dish of baked pasta and two Mac and cheeses all for the freezer!



It looks like a TON of cheese, but it works out to about an eighth of a cup per serving. 

We had from the freezer dinners on Thursday and Friday. The Greek chicken patties are an Emeril recipe that I found probably five years ago. I love it! The meal was perhaps even better from the freezer than fresh. Friday I thought we were going to have date night, but Warren ended up having to work, so I made the fish cakes from the freezer, which we had with veggie chips and beer/milk depending on your age category :)

So far this week, we ate at 5:30 twice, 6:00 twice, and 7:30 last (Friday) night! I have been STARVING in the late afternoon/early evening so rather than snack, I have just made dinner! Roman has eaten like a champ this week too, so these meals are definite winners! Well, except the cilantro chicken-it got that gross treatment kids give meat where they chew it kind of hidden in there cheek for about an hour. It eventually disappeared, but I'm not sure in whose belly- Roman or Zeus.

Tonight, weather permitting, we are taking the little man camping for the first time! On the menu is (all beef, nitrate free) hot dogs and of course S'MORES!!!! Tomorrow the plan is to have steak with spinach and cauliflower latkes that are from the freezer! Two dinners left this week, but I'm calling it early-success!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment