Monday, August 19, 2013

Still Going Strong

Menu:
Sausage and Veggie One pot (from the freezer)
Rotisserie chicken with broccoli and roasted potatoes 
Panini a la Meridian Cafe  (with leftover chicken)
BLT &A with cheesy quinoa cake
Ate out on Friday
Enchiladas
Chicken Bacon Cabbage

My mother in law was here for most of this week to help out as I got ready to go back to school. Thank goodness!!! I don't know what I would have done without her! She is SO SO helpful! We drove back from Murray on Monday and I had already thawed dinner before we went out of town. I knew she would love the sausage and veggie and I have enough to feed an army.Tuesday I put her in charge. She literally said she had never cooked frozen broccoli before. Seriously?!?! She has a tendency compulsion to over exaggerate to make a point, but this was NOTone of those instances! We then had my favorite panini on Wednesday. It's my copycat of the Chicken Gordonia from Meridian Cafe. I just make it using the ingredients listed on the menu and serve with veggie chips. Thursday warren and I were on our own, which was a bummer because I really wanted to get Ronan's take on the quinoa cake. We had meet the teacher night at his school and kiddos were NOT welcome. Ronan's teacher seems ok. She's no Martha, but that's ok. He's older now, he can deal with it. On Saturday I made enchiladas. This is by far my best Pinterest recipe. They are AMAZING! Warren cooked Sunday. I ADORE the chicken bacon cabbage and seriously shoveled the food into my mouth while hovering about three inches above my plate. It's just one of those meals that takes too long for a weeknight. As for my goal of feeding Roman earlier, I couldn't tell you what time we ate. I am just thankful anyone ate around here this week!

Sorry for the dullness of this post. I am back in school mode and I consider it a miracle I posted at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment