Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dinner: A Slightly More Tolerable Story

The plan for Week Two:

Monday: one pot pasta
Tuesday: Thai chicken wraps
Wednesday: fish cakes w/ cucumber salad
Thursday: Whole Foods
Friday and Saturday: not my problem :) (girls lake trip!)
Sunday: cilantro quinoa and blackened chicken


For real we had the previous Sunday's sweet potato hash on Thursday and then the Thai chicken wraps on Thursday instead of Whole Foods. Inconsequential changes. Buuuttt, on Sunday we ate out with my dad instead of having the cilantro chicken. We ate by 6:30 three out of the five nights I was home, so that is an improvement!
 
On Thursday we had our first frozen meal-the Thai chicken wraps. I had NO idea how it would turn out, but it was GREAT!!! It tasted basically the same as it does when it is made fresh. I also made and froze the peanut sauce. This did not work as well. The evoo in the sauce separated and did not fully incorporate in reheating. When I made the sauce, I cooked it a little too long. This might be why it didn't work, or maybe it is just bad frozen. I am going to give this another chance to see.

The fish cakes on Tuesday were a BIG hit. Roman ate two! (I am fairly certain it is because it is named something-CAKE!) I doubled the recipe and froze half.

I am currently in week three and I can say that this week is going very well so far. It IS only Wednesday morning though!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with dinner! The crock pot has saved us from starving. If there are any meats you guys like, you should try them in there!

    ReplyDelete