Friday, June 10, 2011

Sweet Baby

I am sitting here looking at my sweet boy, thinking about how fast this is all going by. Today Roman had his first laugh. It seems like yesterday when I held him in my arms the first time. There are so many things I don't want to forget. Like how he curls up against me and we rock, cuddled cheek to cheek, as he falls asleep. The way I am the only person who can get him to sleep, and how just at that time he'll cry for his mama. The sweet smell of milk on his breath. His wide beautiful smile. Him curling his arm around his bottle, trying to figure out how to hold it. His long conversations with himself in the mirror and his fascinated coos. His eyes following me around the room when he plays on his mat. I could go on forever. I am just feeling quite reflective and very thankful today for my sweet boy.

In other news, our builder FINALLY got his loan to build our house. Yes, the house that was supposed to be finished May 1. I designed my kitchen yesterday and selected my flooring today. Yay!

Roman is teething and I have had a heck of a time finding Orajel without food coloring. But luckily the Little Remedies brand makes some! Orajel make a "natural" brand with cloves, but from the look on Roman's face it is awful. That poor baby fussed last week while his Nana had him, all while gnawing on his fist. It also seemed to help that we increased the giant's food intake. I can't WAIT to go to the doctor at the end of the month and see how much Roman the Giant weighs! Oh and also to ask Dr. Corba about the heat. Roman scared the crap out of me last weekend at the Farmer's Market. I had him in the Bjorn and he started doing this scary wheezing. Christie and I looked at each other, both of us just totally freaked out, and she just started ripping him out of the carrier. It was early and not too hot yet, so I'm not sure what the deal was. Anyways, I would like some summer safety advice other than "Stay Inside".

Well my week at work wasn't too bad, and now I'm back home and will try to post more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment