Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Doctors and Bouncers

So Roman visited his new pediatrician, Dr. Corba, yesterday for his four month check up. I was super impressed at the adorable waiting room (though my photos are crap). The lighting was really soft and calming and the murals were adorable. Especially loved the apes hanging from the celing. I felt like I was inside of a children's museum!










Dr. Corba was amazing. When we met with him, he asked us what was going on with our vaccinations. We explained the story of Warren's sister and her reaction to the pertussis vaccine. As Warren was talking, Dr. Corba sort of furrowed his brow and was clearly weighing his options. He was going "Hmm. Hmm." with his head all nodding back and forth. After considering things, he agreed we should not get the DTaP. Later, he asked about how much Roman was eating. This, in my experience, is a trick question to get the doctor to scold you when you tell him how much your giant baby eats. I sort of frowned and didn't respond. He said it was ok and just to tell him. When I said around 40 oz. he also didn't criticize the amount I have been feeding Roman. Therefore, he is now wonderful in my eyes.
Also, wonderful was Roman. He got his shot and we had his bottle ready (crucial) and he took it and stopped crying immediately. He didn't cry the rest of the day, that strong boy!!!!

In other news, Roman's doorway jumper from Grandpa came yesterday. It is called Merry Muscles.






It is a Canandian product, and I thought the packaging looked about 40 years old.



But Roman loves it!










No comments:

Post a Comment