Saturday, January 12, 2013

Why Running With My Bestie is Awesome

As part of my aforementioned campaign to "tighten", I went running this week with my best friend. If I have never mentioned this on the blog before, Ashley and I have been BFF since the first day of sixth grade. That makes 17 years, if you're counting. At this point in our relationship, we laugh as much as ever, are much crabbier, and are wholly unconditional. We are each other's family.
Which makes us sound orphanish.
Which we're not; we both have lovely families.
Anyways!
I'm just trying to say we're still and always best of friends. Oh and we live on the same street. We are living the bestie dream.

Now, back to running. I used to run. I used to LIKE to run. I ran the mini marathon.
Then I became a pregnant blob.
JK, seriously, I really hurt my knees running in the mini. I quit running for a long time after that, but still exercised. THEN I got pregnant and turned into a blob!
After Roman was born and still now two years later, I am a busybody, thank goodness, but I suck at exercising.

Ashley is training for the marathon. No I did not leave out "mini" on accident. The MARATHON. So she's all like, "Do you want to go running with me?"

So I did.

And here is why Running With My Bestie is Awesome:
1. She has so much faith in me. She was all like, "You'll be fine. You've always been a good runner. You were always better than me." and "I told Jeremiah [her hubster] that you would probably just come sprinting out of the gate." I didn't. But she thought I might've which makes all the difference.
2. She had been well practiced in 17 years in knowing I pay little attention to my surroundings. She gives me lots of instructions like "Car!", "A car is coming!",  "Get over! Car!", "Don't get hit by that car!", and  "CAR!!!" Who knows how many times she has saved my life.
And if you're are wondering, yes, she puts her hand in front of me like a mom with a kid in the front seat.
3. She doesn't care if I don't (can't) talk back.

No comments:

Post a Comment