Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Celebrations

We just got home from a long Easter weekend in Murray. Roman was officially introduced to the Thomas family. The entire family was there except one person, I believe 47 in all. Roman first met his cousins. Bella was so cute- she would check on Roman while he slept, she "helped" change diapers and his clothes, and the highlight for her was getting to hold and feed him. Cole, in a typical boyish manner, alternated between kissing his new cousin and poking him in the nose. Warren's sister and her fiance were in from California. It was her first time seeing the baby and our first time seeing her fiance, who was nice as can be! Bella was so funny because she was OBSESSED with my breast pump. When we got there Roman was hungry and I said I needed to feed him. She asked if I took my shirt off to feed him. I told her no, and sort of in a four year old way, explained why. She obviously remembers her mom nursing her brother, but was fascinated by this crazy boob machine. She wanted to see how it worked, assemble the pieces for me, and help me "work my boobs". When the milk would come out she would exclaim "It's milk! The milk's coming out!" At the official family get together Roman was passed from aunt to aunt, but mostly hanging out with JoAnn and Peggy. We were talking to Warren's cousin Josh about him and his wife having kids so he decided to have a go round with Roman. I gave him Roman and he was feeding him. He stopped to burp him and Roman spit up all over him. It wasn't that much spit up, but somehow it managed to splatter completely across Josh's shirt. Nice intro to parenthood! I cried when we left yesterday. The stay in Murray was great, the car ride there and back, not so much. The annoyance of crying is greatly multiplied when you are in a confined space! We survived though. I don't know how we are going to fit everything in the car to go on vacation this summer. We were packed front to back just for this trip! I have cute Easter photos that I will share soon.
So the bad thing that happened over the weekend was that I almost completely stopped making milk. Not that I was making much anyways, but still. I talked to Warren's cousin's wife, Jessica, about it and she said she took Reglan. I didn't try it before because I didn't like the side effects, but now I'm desperate. I called my OB and she called it in yesterday. I just took the first pill. So we'll see how it goes.
Speaking of side effects, Rain got me on a tear about vaccines over the weekend. She had a bad reaction to the pertussis vaccine, and never had any follow ups. Warren and Mason never had it due to her reaction. After A LOT of research, I think we are only going to do a few vaccines. Mainly we want to skip MMR, DTaP (the pertussis part), and Hep B. A few others as well. We want to follow the Dr. Sears selective schedule, minus the pertussis. We are still waiting to sort this out with our pediatrician. Fingers crossed!
Zeus is coming home tonight. Ahhhh-I'm nervous!
This Friday I have to go to school for my end of year evaluation. I'm taking Roman and going to see my kids and I am so so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment