Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ahhhh...quiet.

I just got the boy off to sleep. I am working this week on tracking his sleep, so I can try to start getting him on a schedule. I even made a spreadsheet on google docs that I must say makes me feel a little psycho. There are colors for eat, sleep, and awake. The schedule is really for me; he seems to do just fine. I just really need to start getting out of the house more and would like to be able to kind of plan when to do it. Plus I cannot begin to explain how the time blurs together and Warren and I can't remember when he slept, when he ate, when he needs to eat again, etc. Speaking of eating, that is about the only time my grumpy butt baby is ever happy. He doesn't cry much, but he is a fussy little thing. He fusses awake, he fusses asleep, and he even fusses towards the end of his bottle. He fusses in his swing, he fusses on his playmat. He fusses when he farts, which is alarmingly often (like I'm not quite sure it's normal!). He fusses changing clothes, he fusses changing diapers. Joy says it's the Thomas in him making him so grumpy. He won't really openly smile at you either, the best you get is a little smirk. EXCEPT he will grin it up at Warren everyday when he gets home. Me...never. We had family photos taken this past Sunday by the wonderful Jessie Kriech-Higdon (more about that later!) and she posted some teasers yesterday. There is a photo where you look and think, "Oh how cute, look at Roman smile." But I know the truth. That is no smile. A yawn, a noise, or something made him open his mouth up, but it wasn't a smile. Anyways, the photos are precious. My little man looks as handsome as can be. I will post her teasers later. So Kentucky had a good run. They were undefeated since Roman's birth, making it all the way to the Final Four, but on Saturday Roman's good luck ran out. I was just happy they made it as far as they did because I got some good use out of his newborn UK outfits :) He has now offically outgrown anything newborn size and I have a whole bag full of clothes he outgrew. It is so crazy. I am so afraid it will all go by so fast I won't be able to remember. He went to the doctor for his one month checkup last week. He was 9 lbs 6 oz. I think he seems abnormally strong still. He can roll from side to side and if he's on his belly he can scoot a little. He also is pulling at my hair. Hard. With a death grip. It's funny too when he lays on his playmat he hits the dangling animals until he gets really frustrated and starts fussing. I think he is ready for some mobility to kick it. I hate to break it to him, but he still has awhile. I am getting really excited for Easter. It will be Roman's first big holiday. (I do not count St. Patricks Day as a big holiday until you are of drinking age.) While Joy was here she and I went and I got Easter baskets for the whole family from World Market and lots of stuffers. We are going to Murray and I am so excited to see everyone and especially for Roman to meet his cousins! Not that he'll know, so I guess it would be better to say for his cousins to meet him :) Eventually I hope to have more to say than the play by play of Roman's every move, but right now we've been stuck inside due to weather and age :) So that's all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. Hang on to those baby clothes! I'm going to be needing them next year :)
    I can't wait to touch and kiss him. He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete