Monday, October 25, 2010

When Roman Thomas peels an onion, he doesn't cry. The onion does.

Whew, this week has been a whirlwind! I have become absolutely obsessed with my baby registry. I am so crazy because I am just not satisfied with big box store stuff so I have been scouting items on etsy and through other smaller companies' websites. And I would like to say that the greatest children's store on earth is The Land of Nod. It is the Crate and Barrel children's store and it is phenomenal. They have their Christmas stuff out right now and I must say I know where I am going to be shopping for toys for the next several years!

I also wanted to back up and talk a little more about finding out that we are having a little boy. It was so crazy that night and I didn't go into any detail. When we got to the doctor's office, Warren knew right away. Like the second they turned the machine on. I can't tell your head from your butt on an ultrasound, so needless to say, I could not tell. The nurse did not confirm Warren's statement though. So she goes through checking organs and bones FOREVER! I mean it was like torture. Then, she says "Well, you all haven't said anything about wanting to know....". I almost punched her. Like, listen lady, I am trying to sit here and be nice and let you do your job, but you need to tell me right this second. Instead of punching her or going off, (sorry I'm hormonal), I just said, politely, yes we would like to know. THEN, she said "Well, you couldn't tell? He could!" AGHHH! NO I CAN"T TELL!!! But I wasn't actually upset because I knew then that it was a boy. She gave us like 10 ultrasound photos (coming soon) and told us that Roman has big feet! He yawned during all this too and it was the cutest thing ever! I told Ashley this weekend that mom's always tell you that becoming a mother is the most wonderful thing in the world. It wasn't like I didn't believe these people, it was just I had no concept of that. When he yawned and it was like the entire world stopped I started to realize just the beginning of what the other moms were trying to tell me. That incredible feeling got topped off by a dream Thursday night where all I was interested in was laying around with my baby. I was just so mesmerized. (Baby dream #3 by the way!) Anyways, back to Tuesday, my mom was there and when her and Warren were waiting for me, Warren said she started to tear up. My dad wanted to be told in person, and when we told him he jumped up and punched the sky. Followed by a lovely dinner at North End. Then, all night turned Chuck Norris jokes into Roman Thomas jokes (hence the title of this post). Which you have to admit, Roman Thomas is a pretty tough sounding name. I loved getting to tell all of our family and friends and am so grateful to have so many supportive, caring people in my life.

In other news, the quilt for the baby's room came in Saturday and it is so awesome. I LOVE it!!! And Christie got Roman the most adorable baby shoes. They are black Chucks with a little skull and crossbones on them. Swoon! Speaking of Christie, her and Kerry have been so hard at work on my shower and it is going to be the cutest thing ever. I can not wait, both to attend and to post pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment