Friday, September 10, 2010

Doctor, Doctor

The doctor visit was pretty uneventful. We listened to the heartbeat and I got weighed. That's about it. I have lost one pound. Dr. Thompson asked if I have been sick. I said no, and that I had taken up having dessert nightly with a tall glass of milk (and if you know me you know there is no glass)! Keep this up and there might be something to this pregnancy stuff :) I know, I know, I'll start gaining soon. So a normal heartbeat is between 120-160. When Dr. Thompson listened to the heartbeat, she told us that it's an old wives tale that if the heartbeat is closer to 120 it is a boy, and if it is closer to 160 it is a girl. Ours was 140. REALLY?!?! On the topic of gender, my next appointment is on October 4th. I will be 18 weeks. My doctor's office seriously makes you wait until 20 weeks for your ultrasound. Lame. Sooooooo October 19 is my ultrasound-let the countdown begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment